2022 Buckethead Meetup

Tagged: 

• 2022 Buckethead Meetup

Posted by Anna DiTommaso on August 16, 2021 at 2:03 pm

I put a poll out on Twitter last week and the results were pretty one sided. There should definitely be a Buckethead meetup in 2022! It seems like the most popular opinion was at a minor league or independent game.

We’ve had some great suggestions on the Twitter thread and it seems like the Kansas City area may be our best bet. That would allow for attendees to possibly plan to get to other games and see the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in Kansas City as well.

I plan on reaching out to some minor league and independent teams in the area to see if any of them are interested in hosting our group.

Follow along and make suggestions here!

Mike Sellers replied 2 years ago 5 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Ed Rivera-Donato

August 16, 2021 at 2:10 pm

This is awesome.

• Deleted User

August 16, 2021 at 2:32 pm

I’m looking forward to see which teams reply.

• Mike Sellers

October 1, 2021 at 6:41 pm

This would be so much fun! Minor League teams are the best. I feel confident at least one in that area would welcome us all!

• Mike Sellers

April 7, 2022 at 7:49 pm

Any update on getting a 2022 Buckethead Meetup?

• Anna DiTommaso

Organizer
    April 7, 2022 at 8:50 pm

Literally just talked to the Rough Riders today. Any suggestions??

• Mike Sellers

April 10, 2022 at 8:58 pm

Nice! Great minds think alike, haha 😉 What about Nashville?

• Anna DiTommaso

Organizer
      April 11, 2022 at 7:05 am

Ohhh, that’s a really good idea. I’m going to give them a call too and see what they can offer. Would love to cross another one off the list!

• Mike Sellers

April 14, 2022 at 6:34 pm

Nashville is amazing! You definitely gotta checkout that park. Plus it’s a great town to do other stuff along the way. Fairly central in the country too. Plus selfishly it’s my favorite city, favorite place to watch a game and not too far from me! Haha

• Tom Thrash

April 11, 2022 at 4:49 pm

Oh, I need Nashville too…

• Tom Thrash

April 11, 2022 at 4:54 pm

Just catching up on this thread. KC is intriguing. I have a big road trip planned for early June, and then a NY meetup (with the Firkster (he’s here, right??) and the Ballpark Guide) in August in Central/Western NY in August. Late June and all of July are pretty wide open now, with a July weekend loosely planned for a Cape Cod League game.

• Anna DiTommaso

Organizer
    April 20, 2022 at 9:10 am

@SirMikeSell @tthrash Do either of you think you’d be able to make a June 11 trip to Minnesota? Paul, Ed, and I plus a few others will be there for a doubleheader that day. The Twins take on the Rays at 1pm and then the St. Paul Saints play that night.

• Tom Thrash

April 20, 2022 at 9:15 am

I wish…On June 11th, I’ll be flying home from Chicago, at the end of a trip in which one of the stops is a Saints game, but four days earlier.

• Anna DiTommaso

Organizer
        April 20, 2022 at 10:48 am

Man, that’s a bummer that we’ll be basically passing each other in the air! I’m also looking into KC & Nashville, but wanted to float the Minnesota idea.

• Mike Sellers

April 23, 2022 at 8:36 pm

I’ve heard y’all talk about that Minny trip on the Dad Hat by Design show and really wish I could make it. But I don’t think I’ll be able to unfortunately. I’m jealous though… not only to see all of y’all, but also to see a St. Paul Saints game. That’s on my bucket list!